screen resolution

I've changed the screen resolution from 800+ to 10000+ range and back to 800
several times. This so that a program I am using will fit the screen
(10000) and back so icons and print on desktop are bigger. Now I can no
longer get dsplay to open and can't do anything with the display. I'm using
Windows XP

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:6F3EAAAE-6664-41BE-920D-CA1206A327AE@microsoft.com,
tandem <tandem@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I've changed the screen resolution from 800+ to 10000+ range and back
> to 800 several times. This so that a program I am using will fit
> the screen (10000) and back so icons and print on desktop are bigger.
> Now I can no longer get dsplay to open and can't do anything with
> the display. I'm using Windows XP

Press the WinKey (looks like the Windows logo or says start - usually down
near the alt and ctrl keys or in the upper right on some laptop keyboards)
and the "R" button. Type control desktop into the run box and hit enter. If
the things in there are grayed out and you can't click on them you'll
probably want this:

Restore All Display Tabs:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/restorealldisplaytabs.reg

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson