2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6"
3. What screen resolution do you want? Best I can for the price
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop Replacement
5. How much battery life do you need? Not super important. I should always be near an outlet.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, the main games I play are League of Legends and Guild Wars 2. Running smoothly on at least medium would be ideal
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Watching Youtube videos and Web Surfing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? I could go as low as 250gigs probably, there's only a handful of games I really play, the 2 I mentioned being the ones I play the most
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I have no preferences, wherever is recommended
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? A couple years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD Writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I owned an MSI laptop a few years ago and it was a nightmare, so I would like to stay away from them.
13. What country do you live in? US
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I know desktops are better for gaming, but I live in a small apartment with my girlfriend where room for a desk isn't an option. So I'd really like to get something efficient, but I can fold up and put on my upstairs table when I'm not using it. It can be bulky, I'm not worried about super portability. I know Black Friday is coming up and there might be some good sales, but it's hard to know if something you'd like is going to be on sale, plus I believe most Black Friday sales are mediocre laptops with onboard graphics.