Event Error Messages ID 3011 & 3012

peter

Hope someone can help !!
my computer keeps crashing and displays these 2 errors in event log :-
Event ID 3011
Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl failed. The
error code is the first Dword in data section.
Event ID 3012
The peformance strings in the performance registry value is corrupted when
process Performance extension counter provider. BaseIndex value from
Performance registry is the first Dword in data section. Last counter value
is the second Dword in data section and LastHelp value is the third Dword in
data section.

These errors have occurred on several occassions - Playing a song in Windows
Media Player 10 - Running system Mechanic 5 - Running Spykiller.

I have tried restoring to a previous date but this does not seem to
eradicate the problem.
Could i just download a copy of wmiaprpl.dll and overwrite the existing file ?

HELP !!
Peter

ID: 3011
Source: LoadPerf

User Action
To rebuild the string tables:

On the computer that displayed the message, at the command prompt, type

Lodctr /r

For more information about the Lodctr command, see Help and Support.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=LoadPerf&EvtID=3011&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2

What is the Source for the 3012 error?

Event ID & the Event Source are very important.

To open the Event Viewer...
Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK

For any Events that seem related to the problem...

Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the second
arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to the
Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Click:

Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related Knowledge
Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427

Event Viewer overview
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/event_overview_01.mspx

This can also be very useful.
You need to have the Event ID & the Event Source.

To view Windows XP Events and Errors, type the Source (for example, Print)
and/or the Event code (for example, 20) into the ID field, then click the Go
button. Source and Event codes may be found in the Event Viewer logs.

Windows XP Home/Professional Events and Errors
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx?DisplayName=Windows%20XP%20Professional&ProdName=Windows%20Operating%20System&MajorMinor=5.1&LCID=1033

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:2E07EC93-A5FE-45F8-854D-B68E9746AA25@microsoft.com,
Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hope someone can help !!
> my computer keeps crashing and displays these 2 errors in event log :-
> Event ID 3011
> Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl failed. The
> error code is the first Dword in data section.
> Event ID 3012
> The peformance strings in the performance registry value is corrupted when
> process Performance extension counter provider. BaseIndex value from
> Performance registry is the first Dword in data section. Last counter
> value is the second Dword in data section and LastHelp value is the third
> Dword in data section.
>
> These errors have occurred on several occassions - Playing a song in
> Windows Media Player 10 - Running system Mechanic 5 - Running Spykiller.
>
> I have tried restoring to a previous date but this does not seem to
> eradicate the problem.
> Could i just download a copy of wmiaprpl.dll and overwrite the existing
> file ?
>
> HELP !!
> Peter

peter

Hi
Thanks for getting back to me.
I used the lodctr command and will see if this helps. the problems seem to
occur whenever I've tried scanning the registry for errors using System
Mechanic 5 or when trying to run Spykiller.
My computer locks up and the only way to reboot it is by removing the power
plug and then switching it back on again.
Peter

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> [...]
> > Event ID 3011
> > Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl failed. The
> > error code is the first Dword in data section.
> > Event ID 3012
> > The peformance strings in the performance registry value is corrupted when
> > process Performance extension counter provider. BaseIndex value from
> > Performance registry is the first Dword in data section. Last counter
> > value is the second Dword in data section and LastHelp value is the third
> > Dword in data section.
> >
> > These errors have occurred on several occassions - Playing a song in
> > Windows Media Player 10 - Running system Mechanic 5 - Running Spykiller.
> >
> > I have tried restoring to a previous date but this does not seem to
> > eradicate the problem.
> > Could i just download a copy of wmiaprpl.dll and overwrite the existing

peter

Still having problems with the computer crashing and the 2 event ID errors of
3011 and 3012.
There are still lights on the keyboard and computer but when it crashes the
monitor goes to "off mode" and I have to remove the power cable, wait a few
seconds and then reconnect the cable and switch the computer on.
Anyone got any ideas ??
Peter

"Peter" wrote:

> [...]
> > > Event ID 3011
> > > Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl failed. The
> > > error code is the first Dword in data section.
> > > Event ID 3012
> > > The peformance strings in the performance registry value is corrupted when
> > > process Performance extension counter provider. BaseIndex value from
> > > Performance registry is the first Dword in data section. Last counter
> > > value is the second Dword in data section and LastHelp value is the third
> > > Dword in data section.
> > >
> > > These errors have occurred on several occassions - Playing a song in
> > > Windows Media Player 10 - Running system Mechanic 5 - Running Spykiller.
> > >
> > > I have tried restoring to a previous date but this does not seem to
> > > eradicate the problem.
> > > Could i just download a copy of wmiaprpl.dll and overwrite the existing

hi peter,i am having the exact same problems as u, i have rebuilt the strings
but the computer still crashes.is there no way to fix this as i have to press
my restart button alot of times just for the monitor to show the boot up
screen????

why am i getting this message anyway?wot does it mean???anyone????

"Peter" wrote:

> [...]
> > > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> > > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> > >
> > > Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related Knowledge
> > > Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful
> > >
> > > HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427
> > >
> > > Event Viewer overview
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/event_overview_01.mspx
> > >
> > > This can also be very useful.
> > > You need to have the Event ID & the Event Source.
> > >
> > > To view Windows XP Events and Errors, type the Source (for example, Print)
> > > and/or the Event code (for example, 20) into the ID field, then click the Go
> > > button. Source and Event codes may be found in the Event Viewer logs.
> > >
> > > Windows XP Home/Professional Events and Errors

(I know this is an old thread.)

Found thread while experiencing the same problem with a Dell PowerEdge SC420 server.

Computer is rebooting constantly. Event log shows repeated ESENT and LoadPerf messages.

...I'm thinking these errors simply show up everytime at system start.

The computer might be restarting every few minutes because of a bad power supply.

I swapped out a power supply from a Dimension 8400, which is about the same vintage as the server, and put it in the SC420. ...Powered up and waiting to confirm that was the issue.

...SDS

dunklegend

(I know this is an old thread.)

Found thread while experiencing the same problem with a Dell PowerEdge SC420 server.

Computer is rebooting constantly. Event log shows repeated ESENT and LoadPerf messages.

...I'm thinking these errors simply show up everytime at system start.

The computer might be restarting every few minutes because of a bad power supply.

I swapped out a power supply from a Dimension 8400, which is about the same vintage as the server, and put it in the SC420. ...Powered up and waiting to confirm that was the issue.

...SDS

Create a new thread for your problem, and you can link to the old thread if you want.
If you're the original poster then you can close the thread once the problem is solved, otherwise it's just going to stay open.