Deletions in WinXP Pro II

6:02 PM 6/20/2005

6/20/2005

How would I DELETE in Windows XP Pro 2? By this I mean there are
certain file types (extensions) that SOME of them do not delete. For
example, a WAV file with that extension does not delete when I:

1. press the delete key;

2. press the delete and the shift keys;

3. do the same as 1. and 2. above clicking on "delete" in the
list I get from right-clicking.

Thank you,

Barry Karas
1 answer Last reply
More about deletions winxp

    MANUALLY DELETING STUBBORN FILES
    http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.php

    You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320081

    Delete A File That Is Seemingly "Undeletable"
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/delete_undeletable_file.htm

    ---

    Delete - Can't Delete Files or Folders
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

    Delete - AVI, MPG... files (access denied error)
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm

    Scroll down to Delete - AVI, MPG... files (access denied error)
    ---

    How To Delete "Undeletable" Files And Folders In XP
    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#8

    "Access Denied" Error Message When You Try to Delete a File
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=298345

    You cannot delete a file or a folder on an NTFS file system volume
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081

    You Receive an "Access Denied" Error Message When You Delete Folders from a
    Mounted Drive
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319368

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:o9heb1plddo7l8omq6njmp9vl041hf04du@4ax.com,
    Barry Karas <bkaras@adelphia.net> hunted and pecked:
    > 6:02 PM 6/20/2005
    >
    > 6/20/2005
    >
    > How would I DELETE in Windows XP Pro 2? By this I mean there are
    > certain file types (extensions) that SOME of them do not delete. For
    > example, a WAV file with that extension does not delete when I:
    >
    > 1. press the delete key;
    >
    > 2. press the delete and the shift keys;
    >
    > 3. do the same as 1. and 2. above clicking on "delete" in the
    > list I get from right-clicking.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Barry Karas

Support Microsoft Extension Windows XP