I cannot get my floppy drive to open up a disk!!!

It started doing this just today.......I put a disk in to my floppy drive and
was able to open it but I did not have enough memory to open the file. I have
a program that moves programs to the pager area of the computer to free up
memory, so I did that, and ever since then I am not able to open up the file
on my floppy. It keeps on saying A:/ is not accesible, access is denied.
Please help!!!!! this is a very important file and Im afaid I lost it. Is
there anything that I could do or does anyone know why this happened?
2 answers Last reply
More about floppy drive open disk

    "XiolaBleu412" <XiolaBleu412@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It started doing this just today.......I put a disk in to my floppy drive
    > and
    > was able to open it but I did not have enough memory to open the file. I
    > have
    > a program that moves programs to the pager area of the computer to free up
    > memory, so I did that, and ever since then I am not able to open up the
    > file
    > on my floppy. It keeps on saying A:/ is not accesible, access is denied.
    > Please help!!!!! this is a very important file and Im afaid I lost it. Is
    > there anything that I could do or does anyone know why this happened?

    Have you tried another floppy disk in the drive? If that doesn't read it may
    be the drive.
    Have you tried that floppy disk in a different computer?

    If it is your disk there are programs which can refresh a floppy disk-
    magnetism fades with time. But don't try anything until you are *sure* that
    the problem lies with the disk, not the drive or your compter.

    As an aside floppy disks can wear out, and can be fairly easily damaged.
    It's a bit risky relying on a single floppy disk for anything important.
    Consider the USB memory sticks- some even include strong encryption to
    protect your important files- but if the file is important don't rely on a
    single storage item for it.

    check if power cable and floppy is connected correctly

Floppy Disk Windows XP