mouse problems

My microsoft usb opti mouse is diconnecting and reconnecting itself. It
makes the noise you hear when doing so physically with a usb device.
Its a standard mouse I think and can't figure out what it is. The
clicks also stop working and then start again, but pauses can be up to
minutes meaning I have to unplug it from the back and then reconnect. I
dont think its drivers because I have already downloaded mouse drivers
and they did'nt help. is it the usb port or the mouse itself?

--
nirvanaman
3 answers Last reply

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:00:07 +0000, nirvanaman wrote:

    > My microsoft usb opti mouse is diconnecting and reconnecting itself. It
    > makes the noise you hear when doing so physically with a usb device.
    > Its a standard mouse I think and can't figure out what it is. The
    > clicks also stop working and then start again, but pauses can be up to
    > minutes meaning I have to unplug it from the back and then reconnect. I
    > dont think its drivers because I have already downloaded mouse drivers
    > and they did'nt help. is it the usb port or the mouse itself?

    Could be a problem with the mouse cable or the connectors.

    Also, I use Properties for some USB devices in Device Manager and disable
    "turn off device to save power".

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    "Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message...

    > Also, I use Properties for some USB devices in Device Manager and disable
    > "turn off device to save power".

    Thanks for the additional tip...

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:34:25 GMT, David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

    > "Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message...
    >
    >> Also, I use Properties for some USB devices in Device Manager and disable
    >> "turn off device to save power".
    >

    > Thanks for the additional tip...

    Most welcome, David. I've garnered a few from you too so "thanks" right
    back at you.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User