Task Manager won't open up

I try to open it from the taskbar and it doesn't open, when I go to control
panel it says that its missing software which means it's a software issue. I
had some virus recently and it wrecked my computer bad and I have all types
of issues now. Taskbar doesn't show up, I have trouble opening some cd's
including winxp disc, javascript is disabled and I can't reset it from the
internet options menu, most programs are barely working and I can't even
uninstall some problems, even windows update doesn't work properly. I think
this virus has wrecked me bad, What do you recommend? Some good program for
anti virus or something?
TIA

HOME "FREE"

You need your (XP) cd to do a repair-install.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

--
http://www.fast-rewind.com