No HDTV support running SLI

Prozak

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2005
I recently bought a Gigabyte 7800GTX graphics card and i was really impressed by how my games looked running at HDTV 1080p through my Plasma television. I was so impressed that i went and bought another 7800GTX to run SLI. bIG PROBLEM... i can only run SLI via my monitor and this kind of defeats what i was hoping to do. I've done some research and found people who have said that i'm stuck and i CAN'T run my SLI via my HDTV and others who have said they CAN but weren't kind enough to leave any instructions as to how they did it.

I'm really gutted at paying so much for a setup that's not coming through how i want it. Any ideas or at least final confirmation that i am screwed so i can be out of my misery would be greatly appreciated.

mofofosho

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2005
pop by one of the pc stores near you with hdhtpc sli setups and talk to those involved in the setting up of it...just dont forget to buy them lunch now hear.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I can't see why it wouldn't work from the DVI connector, since flat panels do.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Prozak

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2005
For some reason i can still get the picture through my TV when i connect with DVI but it's only in standard monitor resolutions. When i used a clone display and set the PC to run at 1080p in the NVIEW control panel i got a totally different, and superior, image. With all the technology on cards these days, why is it so hard to incoroprate TV Out when running two cutting edge accelerators?

I'll take a look at some of the local PC suppliers near here and see if they have any clues but the people i got my cards off just looked at me like i was talking dutch or something.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hmm, I'd try 720p, the TV probably only supports 1080i and not 1080p.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

G

I guess you have but I suggest you mail the tech support fo the manufacturer and nVidia. Im sure they would be kind with someone who just spent 1k+ on their products!

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

Prozak

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2005
The TV supports 1080p - i've set one card to run at that level but that was using the clone display option and configuring the TV properly. Running 2 cards i don't have the option of telling my system that the primary display is a plasma hdtv - it assumes that i'm just running on a standard monitor..even using DVI.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wow, a plasma HDTV, compatable with 1080p and set at 1920x1080, should use the same setting as a large panel computer display that supports 1920x1080.

Prozak

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2005
I can run my screen at resolutions that high but to my eyes, maybe i'm wrong, it doesn't look anywhere near as nice as when i specifically set my PC to output to a TV running High Def.

A good example would be Battlefield 2. The game looks superb on the PC monitor but when its running on a single card output to HDTV the game just looks...nicer. Filtered almost, hard to describe..one word would be smooth. I was just blown away by it. Resolution isn't a problem here..it's just that to my eyes the HDTV picture was superb and i'm slightly pissed off that i can't recreate that effect i saw the very first time. It's most annoying.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It might be using more filters in HDTV mode, you can try changing the AA and AF settings for the PC display mode and see if it helps!