very slow boot to desktop

No spy/malware/viruses or other baddies
xp home sp2

1gb ddram

I only have three or four progs in startup, this includes ms office and
panda av, however it takes about 3 mins to boot completely. It boots to
desktop very quickly but panda takes ages to appear any ideas would be very
welcome

"noanswer3" wrote:
> No spy/malware/viruses or other baddies
> xp home sp2
>
> 1gb ddram
>
> I only have three or four progs in startup, this includes ms
> office and
> panda av, however it takes about 3 mins to boot completely. It
> boots to
> desktop very quickly but panda takes ages to appear any ideas
> would be very
> welcome

Maybe your drive is heavily fragmented. How long since u ran a defrag?
This can be a reason for ur slow boot.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-slow-boot-desktop-ftopict548375.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1734653

I have diskeeper running set and forget, it is defragged every day, I am
sure that this is not the problem