Remote Assistance Problem

I am trying to offer remote assistance to a computer in our compnay and I
keep getting the following message "access to the requested resource has been
disabled by your administrator".
Both PC's are running on Windows XP SP2 and I have set the firewall settings
to allow for remote assistance and the settings in My Computer Properties,
remote tab.

I have searched for this error on the web and all I have been able to find
is stuff relating to group policies but our company is not currently using
group policies.

Is there anyway of making this work?
1 answer Last reply
More about remote assistance problem

    They probably turned off some required service. (start/run, type: services.msc)

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "MartinaL" <MartinaL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3081DC64-B703-495B-A862-046CA899391F@microsoft.com...
    >I am trying to offer remote assistance to a computer in our compnay and I
    > keep getting the following message "access to the requested resource has been
    > disabled by your administrator".
    > Both PC's are running on Windows XP SP2 and I have set the firewall settings
    > to allow for remote assistance and the settings in My Computer Properties,
    > remote tab.
    >
    > I have searched for this error on the web and all I have been able to find
    > is stuff relating to group policies but our company is not currently using
    > group policies.
    >
    > Is there anyway of making this work?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP