TECH: Help - transistor cross reference

I am repairing a WG4600. I found a bad transistor but I can't seem to
cross it to a useful number. The schematic from my Wizard of Wor calls
it an 2SC1740Q. Anyone have a crossover number for this part?

I was looking for something like 2N4401 rather than a corporate stock
number. I am hoping I can find what I am looking for at Radio Shack.

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

i looked it up on the nte.com site and it said nte85
"Vintage Geek" <daniel@mosmeyer.net> wrote in message
> I am repairing a WG4600. I found a bad transistor but I can't seem to
> cross it to a useful number. The schematic from my Wizard of Wor calls
> it an 2SC1740Q. Anyone have a crossover number for this part?

Vintage Geek <daniel@mosmeyer.net> wrote:
: I was looking for something like 2N4401 rather than a corporate stock
: number. I am hoping I can find what I am looking for at Radio Shack.

Radio Shack?

Hahahahaha.

2n3904 / 2n4401 should work for your part if you bend the leads around
so the pinout is correct.

NTE85 is ECB
2n3904 is EBC

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Used a 2n4401 from Radio Shack :p .....worked beautifully. Thanks
Mark! The Wizard is working 100% with all original (albeit
reconditioned) components.