Internet problems

I use internet explorer and I have windows xp. Recently the internet went
down. While everything else could work, everytime you went to open a web-page
it siad there was no connection. The only way to rectify the problem was
re-intsall Windows.

However in an attempt to make sure the problem didn't occur again, some
programs were deleted via ad-aware. Immediatly the internet was unavailable
again. Another re-intstall was required and I was back on the net. I tried to
re-install nortons and it would stop half-way through, saying it couldn't
finish intsalling.

After trying to delete some stuff, nortons still couldn't be installed and
after turning off the computer for the night and switching it back on the
next day the internet again required a re-intsall to work. Can anyone help me
work out what is wrong, and what I can do to stop it happening again.

Also, I recently switched internet services from inbuilt dail-up modem to
external ADSL Modem. But I had no problem for at least a month.

map

eddie_vrv6 wrote:
> I use internet explorer and I have windows xp. Recently the internet
> went down. While everything else could work, everytime you went to
> open a web-page it siad there was no connection. The only way to
> rectify the problem was re-intsall Windows.
>
> However in an attempt to make sure the problem didn't occur again,
> some programs were deleted via ad-aware. Immediatly the internet was
> unavailable again. Another re-intstall was required and I was back on
> the net. I tried to re-install nortons and it would stop half-way
> through, saying it couldn't finish intsalling.
>
> After trying to delete some stuff, nortons still couldn't be
> installed and after turning off the computer for the night and
> switching it back on the next day the internet again required a
> re-intsall to work. Can anyone help me work out what is wrong, and
> what I can do to stop it happening again.
>
> Also, I recently switched internet services from inbuilt dail-up
> modem to external ADSL Modem. But I had no problem for at least a
> month.

What do you mean when you say "the internet required a reinstall?"

> some programs were deleted via ad-aware

Sometimes when malware is removed this happens here is the fix
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
--
Mike Pawlak