Linksys WUSB54G forgets its default WEP config

I hope someone can help me with a problem I've been having. I
recently reinstalled Win2K on my son's machine, and now his Linksys
WUSB54G can't remember the WEP configuration. We're using 128-bit
WEP, but when his machine is rebooted, the Linksys WLAN Monitor sees
the AP but thinks it's using 64-bit WEP. I have set up a default
profile, and if I manually select it and press Connect, the connection
is reset to 128-bit mode and all is well...until the next reboot.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Linksys software on his
machine, to no avail.

He did not have this problem before I reinstalled Win2K. I have
applied service pack 4. There was a Linksys/Cisco update at the
Windows Update site that I also applied.

I tried to use the Linksys on-line chat twice. Posted my question,
but got no answer. Both times I left the chat window open for over 2
hours, just in case someone was there on the other end. I guess I
didn't account for the time zone difference between the US and India.

Would appreciate any advice on how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

- Steve
1 answer Last reply
More about linksys wusb54g forgets default config

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:14:16 GMT, Steve Hull
    <news.REMOVE_TO_REPLY@steve-hull.com> wrote:

    >I tried to use the Linksys on-line chat twice. Posted my question,
    >but got no answer. Both times I left the chat window open for over 2
    >hours, just in case someone was there on the other end. I guess I
    >didn't account for the time zone difference between the US and India.
    >
    >- Steve

    I had the same problem with Belkin's on-line chat while
    troubleshooting a wireless router problem. Response from a tech was
    outstanding - less than a minute.

    BUT You'd think that these companies would realize that the end user
    with the problem is trying to troubleshoot a problem that will most
    likely DISCONNECT them from the online chat room and not even bother
    to put the rooms up on the web.

    Greg

WEP Linksys Configuration Wireless Networking