Fido and firmware upgrades

In general, has anyone had experience with getting a fido flagship to
upgrade the firmware on their cell?
Also, do you think they will get all technical if a person has already
flashed their phone?
i remember when i first bought a ericsson years ago, out of the box the
firmware was older and the guy went in the back and upgraded it to the
latest version.
2 answers Last reply
More about fido firmware upgrades

    ¨°º©o.,XT,.o©º°¨ wrote:
    > In general, has anyone had experience with getting a fido flagship to
    > upgrade the firmware on their cell?
    > Also, do you think they will get all technical if a person has already
    > flashed their phone?
    > i remember when i first bought a ericsson years ago, out of the box
    > the firmware was older and the guy went in the back and upgraded it
    > to the latest version.

    the one in Ottawa does it for free - happened twice with a 5190 in the past
    two years (bought 2nd hand, re-flashed, lost it, bought another 2nd hand,
    reflashed, found first one!).
    --
    Dominic Richens | dominic@alumni.uottawa.ca
    "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

    Thanks for the input Dominic
    I was trying to see what experience others had too.

    "Dominic Richens" <knob@storm.ca> wrote in message
    > ¨°º©o.,XT,.o©º°¨ wrote:
    >> In general, has anyone had experience with getting a fido flagship to
    >> upgrade the firmware on their cell?
    >> Also, do you think they will get all technical if a person has already
    >> flashed their phone?
    >> i remember when i first bought a ericsson years ago, out of the box
    >> the firmware was older and the guy went in the back and upgraded it
    >> to the latest version.
    >
    > the one in Ottawa does it for free - happened twice with a 5190 in the
    > past
    > two years (bought 2nd hand, re-flashed, lost it, bought another 2nd hand,
    > reflashed, found first one!).
    > --
    > Dominic Richens | dominic@alumni.uottawa.ca
    > "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

Fido Firmware Internet Service Providers