Fido and firmware upgrades

Last response: in Network Providers
February 27, 2005 7:53:35 PM

In general, has anyone had experience with getting a fido flagship to
upgrade the firmware on their cell?
Also, do you think they will get all technical if a person has already
flashed their phone?
i remember when i first bought a ericsson years ago, out of the box the
firmware was older and the guy went in the back and upgraded it to the
latest version.

More about : fido firmware upgrades

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 5:33:39 PM

¨°º©o.,XT,.o©º°¨ wrote:
> In general, has anyone had experience with getting a fido flagship to
> upgrade the firmware on their cell?
> Also, do you think they will get all technical if a person has already
> flashed their phone?
> i remember when i first bought a ericsson years ago, out of the box
> the firmware was older and the guy went in the back and upgraded it
> to the latest version.

the one in Ottawa does it for free - happened twice with a 5190 in the past
two years (bought 2nd hand, re-flashed, lost it, bought another 2nd hand,
reflashed, found first one!).
--
Dominic Richens | dominic@alumni.uottawa.ca
"If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

Thanks for the input Dominic
I was trying to see what experience others had too.

news:D 5-dnZVeoYSJ777fRVn-uQ@storm.ca...

!