mouse and the start menu

I have not been able to right click on anything in my start menu such as my
documents, my computer, or anything there. I have no idea what the problem
is. Please someone give me a clue. TIA

Clue.

If your right click menu is missing.....

XP Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
OK | OK

Classic Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button |
Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
OK | OK

[[Specifies whether you can drag items to the Start
menu.]] Also disables the right click menu if UNChecked.
----

If XP Pro...

You can use the Group Policy editor (Gpedit.msc) under the following
location to configure Start menu features:
User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Policies\Explorer
The registry entries are DWORD values. A value of 1 is enabled, and a value
of 0 is disabled.

Policy: Disable drag-and-drop menus on the Start Menu
dropping items. Other methods of customizing the Start menu are still
enabled.
Registry Value: "NoChangeStartMenu"

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:10376119-E957-43A2-95B8-EF00330281EA@microsoft.com,
gabu <gabu@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have not been able to right click on anything in my start menu such as
> my documents, my computer, or anything there. I have no idea what the
> problem is. Please someone give me a clue. TIA

Thanks very much Wesley. YOu were spot on. Cheers.
Gabu

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Clue.
>
> If your right click menu is missing.....
>
> XP Start Menu >>
> Right click the Start button | Properties |
> Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
> Scroll down to and Check: Â? Enable dragging and dropping |
> OK | OK
>
> Classic Start Menu >>
> Right click the Start button | Properties |
> Start Menu tab | Customize button |
> Scroll down to and Check: Â? Enable dragging and dropping |
> OK | OK
>
> [[Specifies whether you can drag items to the Start
> menu.]] Also disables the right click menu if UNChecked.
> ----
>
> If XP Pro...
>
> You can use the Group Policy editor (Gpedit.msc) under the following
> location to configure Start menu features:
> User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
> Policies\Explorer
> The registry entries are DWORD values. A value of 1 is enabled, and a value
> of 0 is disabled.
>
> Policy: Disable drag-and-drop menus on the Start Menu
> dropping items. Other methods of customizing the Start menu are still
> enabled.
> Registry Value: "NoChangeStartMenu"
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:10376119-E957-43A2-95B8-EF00330281EA@microsoft.com,
> gabu <gabu@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I have not been able to right click on anything in my start menu such as
> > my documents, my computer, or anything there. I have no idea what the
> > problem is. Please someone give me a clue. TIA

Keep having fun, Gabu.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes