Missile Command Board Acting Up

I have a Missile command board that was working but kinda' glitchy. Now
all I have is a blue screen with vertical bars running through it and
nothing more. When I set it on test mode I get 7 low tones and then a
high tone. SO, I replaced the ram chip that is associated with the high
tone and it did not fix the problem. Any help would be good. I have
checked all the e-proms and processor in anothe board and they work.
PLus all the voltages are good because I have another board and it
works fine in the machine.
Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about missile command board acting

    Yup
    I still gives me the 7 low tones and the eighth goes high. Nothing
    changed when I replaced the chip.
    Cody

    xyvectorguy wrote:
    > I have a Missile command board that was working but kinda' glitchy. Now
    > all I have is a blue screen with vertical bars running through it and
    > nothing more. When I set it on test mode I get 7 low tones and then a
    > high tone. SO, I replaced the ram chip that is associated with the high
    > tone and it did not fix the problem. Any help would be good. I have
    > checked all the e-proms and processor in anothe board and they work.
    > PLus all the voltages are good because I have another board and it
    > works fine in the machine.
    > Thanks

    Do you get the same error code?

    Did you check to ensure that when you replaced the chip all the
    continuity was good with a meter? Try continuity with your good board
    to ensure that you didn't mess up by accident when socketing the chip.

    John

    xyvectorguy wrote:
    > Yup
    > I still gives me the 7 low tones and the eighth goes high. Nothing
    > changed when I replaced the chip.
    > Cody

    Did you probe F4 to make sure it's getting the proper -5 voltage? Might
    be trouble upstream.

    Yes all votages are present and accounted for.

    On 20 Aug 2005 20:01:29 -0700, "xyvectorguy" <toadycody@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Yes all votages are present and accounted for.

    Could be a few different causes really - can you get a repairer to
    look at it? Where are you - in the US?

Command Prompt Video Games