Missile Command Board Acting Up

Last response: in Video Games
August 19, 2005 4:25:57 PM

I have a Missile command board that was working but kinda' glitchy. Now
all I have is a blue screen with vertical bars running through it and
nothing more. When I set it on test mode I get 7 low tones and then a
high tone. SO, I replaced the ram chip that is associated with the high
tone and it did not fix the problem. Any help would be good. I have
checked all the e-proms and processor in anothe board and they work.
PLus all the voltages are good because I have another board and it
works fine in the machine.
Thanks
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 4:40:58 PM

Yup
I still gives me the 7 low tones and the eighth goes high. Nothing
changed when I replaced the chip.
Cody
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 7:32:03 PM

xyvectorguy wrote:
> I have a Missile command board that was working but kinda' glitchy. Now
> all I have is a blue screen with vertical bars running through it and
> nothing more. When I set it on test mode I get 7 low tones and then a
> high tone. SO, I replaced the ram chip that is associated with the high
> tone and it did not fix the problem. Any help would be good. I have
> checked all the e-proms and processor in anothe board and they work.
> PLus all the voltages are good because I have another board and it
> works fine in the machine.
> Thanks

Do you get the same error code?
August 19, 2005 11:01:45 PM

Did you check to ensure that when you replaced the chip all the
continuity was good with a meter? Try continuity with your good board
to ensure that you didn't mess up by accident when socketing the chip.

John
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 2:17:15 AM

xyvectorguy wrote:
> Yup
> I still gives me the 7 low tones and the eighth goes high. Nothing
> changed when I replaced the chip.
> Cody

Did you probe F4 to make sure it's getting the proper -5 voltage? Might
be trouble upstream.
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 12:01:29 AM

Yes all votages are present and accounted for.
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 2:07:42 PM

On 20 Aug 2005 20:01:29 -0700, "xyvectorguy" <toadycody@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Yes all votages are present and accounted for.

Could be a few different causes really - can you get a repairer to
look at it? Where are you - in the US?
!