Tx Power of the Linksys WAP11

I am having trouble getting answers to this question from Linksys
support people:

What is the Transmit Power of the WAP11 in mWatts and can it be
adjusted??

The reason for my question is I am trying to increase the range of
several access points. I bought an omni-directional 11dB antenna and I
am hoping this helps out. However, it still would be good to know the
Tx power.

Does any know this? Also, am I wasting my time with a 11dB antenna on
the WAP11?

Thanks in advance,
why_not_wifi

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The newer version is only 30 mw. They used to be 100 mw

Michael
"jwood" <jeffwood@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I believe they are .100 Mw

On a "Screensavers TV show" (Tech-TV) they talked about a "hack" prom update
that had more features than what Linksys provides. One of them being
transmitter output power adjustment. Don't remember the details but you
could so a search at their site at www.thescreensavers.com
About "gain" antenna. It's my understanding that these antenna get their
"gain" by focusing the RF output in a lateral direction. So seems to me that
if your AP is on the same plane as your computer all is well. But if you
want to reach computers that might be on different levels of a home these
antenna will not help but actually hurt.

In article <zCXlc.7397$Hs1.849@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, dhr22
@sorrynospm.com says...
> On a "Screensavers TV show" (Tech-TV) they talked about a "hack" prom update
> that had more features than what Linksys provides. One of them being
> transmitter output power adjustment. Don't remember the details but you
> could so a search at their site at www.thescreensavers.com
> About "gain" antenna. It's my understanding that these antenna get their
> "gain" by focusing the RF output in a lateral direction. So seems to me that
> if your AP is on the same plane as your computer all is well. But if you
> want to reach computers that might be on different levels of a home these
> antenna will not help but actually hurt.
>
> "Why_not WiFi" <why_not_wifi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am having trouble getting answers to this question from Linksys
> support people:
>
> What is the Transmit Power of the WAP11 in mWatts and can it be
> adjusted??
>
> The reason for my question is I am trying to increase the range of
> several access points. I bought an omni-directional 11dB antenna and I
You should be able to find this information in the specifications
contained in the documentation.
--

Ben E. Brady
http://www.clariondeveloper.com/wepgen

http://www.clariondeveloper.com/webcloak
FREE! Encrypt email addresses on your web site!
Keep spam bots from sending you spam!

http://www.firewallreporting.com
Personal firewall log analysis tools for
ZoneAlarm, BlackICE, WinRoute Pro and Windows XP
Take stock of your firewall settings and take action against intruders.

http://www.videoprofessorscam.com
Don't get stung by this scam!

In article <zCXlc.7397$Hs1.849@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, dhr22
@sorrynospm.com says...
> On a "Screensavers TV show" (Tech-TV) they talked about a "hack" prom update
> that had more features than what Linksys provides. One of them being
> transmitter output power adjustment. Don't remember the details but you
> could so a search at their site at www.thescreensavers.com
> About "gain" antenna. It's my understanding that these antenna get their
> "gain" by focusing the RF output in a lateral direction. So seems to me that
> if your AP is on the same plane as your computer all is well. But if you
> want to reach computers that might be on different levels of a home these
> antenna will not help but actually hurt.
>
> "Why_not WiFi" <why_not_wifi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am having trouble getting answers to this question from Linksys
> support people:
>
> What is the Transmit Power of the WAP11 in mWatts and can it be
> adjusted??
>
> The reason for my question is I am trying to increase the range of
> several access points. I bought an omni-directional 11dB antenna and I
This is the link to the article on the Linksys power modification...'

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/darktips/story/0,24330,3659113,00.htm