COPY DVD

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
You insert the said DVD in your DVD drive (the one which is supposed to come out of the front panel). Note that you need to place the DVD with the shiny side facing bottom.
The computer will detect the DVD & an autorun window will pop-up. From that select "Copy contents of the DVD". Select a path & click OK.
If the autorun does not work, you have to manually go into the DVD in My Computer, right click on the DVD, say copy, select path & click OK.
Or open the DVD folder, select all the contents by pressing Ctrl+A, right click mouse, select copy. Go to the desired folder, right click again & click paste.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Copy a DVD what? A movie? A game? An application?

Regardless, there are many sites on the 'Net that will walk you through copying DVD data (all of the above) to your PC. Legalities are an issue depending on what you are actually trying to do.

So, what are you trying to accomplish?

ORANZA

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
I HAVE A COLLECTION OF DVD MOVIES THAT I RECORDED ON VACATIONS. I WOULD LIKE TO DOWNLOAD THEM TO MY COMPUTER SO THAT I CAN HAVE A LIBRARY THAT I CAN WATCH WITHOUT INSERTING MY DVDS. I HAD 2 OF THEM DOWNLOADED, BUT I DON'T REMEMBER HOW IT WAS DONE. AND THAT PERSON IS UNAVAILABLE.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Assuming you are using some version of Windows, you could use Movie Maker to import them onto your PC. Also, depending on the format they were written to DVD, you could possibly just copy the files directly from the DVD to your PC.

ORANZA

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010

Thank you for your helpful advise.

ORANZA

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010

Thank you for your helpful information.