Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dear customer,

Thank you for participating in the EVGA $30.00 Rebate promotion. Unfortunately, we are saying that the UPC number you cut off of the package was invalid! Since you sent it in and we did not return it, you are really screwed now! Have a nice day and please recommend EVGA to all your friends so we can bend them over a chair too!

Unbelieveable! Calling their own UPC Invalid! Bullshit!

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Most companies' rebate centers are outsources and in this case, that cheap outsourcer are a bunch of retards.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

claudehl

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That doesn't surprise me in the least bit. Years back, I purchased an ATI Rage Pro video card with a mail in rebate. It took those idiots 8 months to send me the check. I initially thought it was junkmail but retrieved it from the garbage out of curiosity. Low and behold it was the rebate check.

Purchased a Sony notebook with a $150 mail in rebate. Nearly six months waiting I had not received the check. I called and they said it had already been sent. Asked if the check had been cashed. He said no. Had to speak to three or four managers to get the lost check cancelled and a new one issued.

Bought a Motorolla 720I phone. [-peep-] never sent the check and could never get a hold of anyone at Verison or Motorolla. Screw mail in rebates!!! Immediate discount or I'll look somewhere else.

Claude

Got my Fuji mail-in rebate within a month.

Neener neener neener... :tongue:

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

malikimkr

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Don't forget the ever popular "This UPC has already been registered so your rebate request has been turned down." Happened to me and my dad.

dekcarc

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
EVGA is trying to give me the "Invalid UPC Number" excuse right now.

I have copies of the rebate form and the UPC code from the box and they both match 100%.

They give an e-mail address on their rebate site so we'll see what happens, but I have a feeling this will go nowhere.

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
MIR's are grabs first, scams second. They pull you into the purchase with that pretty MIR advert, then deny your rebate.

Most of the time they get away with this due to you overlooking one tiny thing on the form, it could even be something as simple as your handwriting such as S or 5, 1 or l, O or 0.......they look for mistakes before they look for accuracy, always. Similar to insurance claims, these people try everything they can to screw you.

Me personally, I sent in a $30 MIR from my GTX 285 to EVGA and they accepted it.

raybob95

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

This is hilarious looking back at this 4 years later....... $299 can get you a GTX 280 now......