Help! Installing SPSS software

Hi,

I am desperate!
I am trying to install SPSS 11.5 on my computer and installation keeps
stopping after 82% and saying that a "file has failed to decompress:
insufficent memory"

I have plenty of memory in C:\

Don't know what else to do, have tried 2 installation disks both have exact
same problem!

Help!

Thanks,

Jim

"cait" <cait@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am desperate!
> I am trying to install SPSS 11.5 on my computer and installation keeps
> stopping after 82% and saying that a "file has failed to decompress:
> insufficent memory"
>
> I have plenty of memory in C:\
It is talking about virtual memory not disk drive space.

> Don't know what else to do, have tried 2 installation disks both have
exact
> same problem!
Of course.
The most likely source of your problem is that your pagefile is too small so
that the virtual address space cannot be expanded. Let Windows manage the
pagefile size.
Jim

thanks so much for your response!

how do I allow windows to manage my pagefile size?
sorry, pretty much computer illiterate...

Cait