Association for *.scr?

What program runs screen savers? Somehow the association has been lost and when I
dbl-click on a *.scr file it comes up in my text editor. Particularly a problem with my
mouse-activated screen saver, which should come on when the mouse is in the upper right
corner -- but instead comes up in TextPad.

rs

Hi tcebob,

Try d/loading and running the SCR File Association Fix provided by Doug
Knox:
http://dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"tcebob" <handle @ gwi.net> wrote in message
> What program runs screen savers? Somehow the association has been lost and
when I
> dbl-click on a *.scr file it comes up in my text editor. Particularly a
problem with my
> mouse-activated screen saver, which should come on when the mouse is in
the upper right
> corner -- but instead comes up in TextPad.
>
> rs

Worked just fine. Thanks, Patti. Good site to save.

rs

"Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
: Hi tcebob,
:
: Try d/loading and running the SCR File Association Fix provided by Doug
: Knox:
: http://dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
:
:
:
: Regards,
:
: --
: Patti MacLeod
: Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
:
: "tcebob" <handle @ gwi.net> wrote in message
: news:%23B5bTAodFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
: > What program runs screen savers? Somehow the association has been lost and
: when I
: > dbl-click on a *.scr file it comes up in my text editor. Particularly a
: problem with my
: > mouse-activated screen saver, which should come on when the mouse is in
: the upper right
: > corner -- but instead comes up in TextPad.
: >
: > rs
: >
: >
:
:

You're welcome :) Definitely a good site to save

Regards,