CrossFire review @ Anandtech!

G

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2477" target="_new">Crossfire Review!</A>

It looks pretty impressive, its based on early drivers/and hardware and they didnt run into many problems exept for the new AA modes.

Performance is pretty intersting, the crossfire pull ahead of the 7800gtx(non-sli). Perofrmance seams to be of at least 50% exept in UT2k4...CPu limited and no AA being the cause.

Also gigabyte is suppose to have dual 3D1 comming up that should put some impressive numbers!(with a 850W PSU!!!)

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

They should have put some SLI numbers up! :mad:

Not that I would everr go SLI...maybe not even crossfire, but the numbers would be nice for comparison.

G

Yah I was rather puzzled when I saw it.

Anyhow performance numbers are impressive.

I do agree that dual card is for a selected few who wants the best of the best for gaming/benching... I dont really see the point in the not super high end since price isnt a real argument... I mean wtf, why would I sli some 6600 LE heh.

Lets hope ATI can bring there stuff together for the r520!

Oh and is the 3D1 also made for ATI???Because they mention dual 3D1, but I tought(actually know!) that SLi is limited to two cards and that the 3D1 uses a SLI connection on the board. Now we're not talking about sli2 are we?

Il look into it...

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

[/shrugs] I just haven't really monitored SLI/Crossfire that much. I can't justify the cost so why waste the time...

TRENDING THREADS