slow response when right clicking with Mouse

I have a USB mouse with an PS/2 adapter, and now all of a sudden when right
clicking on any document "any application type" it take 40 seconds or more
for the menu to appear. System functioning fine, just on right clicking on
documents. All anti-virus and firewall software are turned off. Dell Dim
4200. Please help if you can.
1 answer Last reply
More about slow response clicking mouse

    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

    Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:F6CCDA50-CE26-4532-A742-4AC0B4DA0885@microsoft.com,
    Mo053342 <Mo053342@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have a USB mouse with an PS/2 adapter, and now all of a sudden when
    > right clicking on any document "any application type" it take 40 seconds
    > or more for the menu to appear. System functioning fine, just on right
    > clicking on documents. All anti-virus and firewall software are turned
    > off. Dell Dim 4200. Please help if you can.

Mice Windows XP