Problem deleting empty Directory folder

My problem is simple. (Or should be!!!)

For some unknown reason I have a Directory folder named "Documents and"
as well as the usual "Documents and Settings" folder.(on C:\ drive) If
you try to remove/rename/move this folder windows returns the error "
Cannot delete file: cannot read from the source file or disk"

OK, so then I tried to remove this folder using Safe mode with command
prompt.

I navigated to c: drive and the directory "Documents and" is listed in
Dos view.
But when I try to navigate to this directory I get error "Cannot find
file path"

It is as if the directory was not there but it is displayed in both
windows and dos.

Any suggestions people????

--
muirchez
1 answer Last reply

    Hi,

    I am assuming you are referring to the "C:\Documents and Settings"
    folder, not "Documents and".

    The "C:\Documents and Settings" folder is a system folder and can not
    be deleted. It is where all the user account reside. If you were to
    delete it than all user account would be lost and he system would be
    useless.

    I would suggest you let us know what you are trying to accomplish, and
    not to delete anything without asking first. We would be glad to
    assist you.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    muirchez wrote:
    > My problem is simple. (Or should be!!!)
    >
    > For some unknown reason I have a Directory folder named
    > "Documents and" as well as the usual "Documents and
    > Settings" folder.(on C:\ drive) If you try to
    > remove/rename/move this folder windows returns the error
    > " Cannot delete file: cannot read from the source file or
    > disk"
    >
    > OK, so then I tried to remove this folder using Safe mode
    > with command prompt.
    >
    > I navigated to c: drive and the directory "Documents and"
    > is listed in Dos view.
    > But when I try to navigate to this directory I get error
    > "Cannot find file path"
    >
    > It is as if the directory was not there but it is
    > displayed in both windows and dos.
    >
    > Any suggestions people????

Windows XP