Folder View in My Pictures

The folders in my pictures in most cases show 4 of the pictures in the
folder. However, several folders only show one picture. How do I customize
them to all show four pictures?
I have tried rightclicking the folder then going to properties and clicking
the customize tab. This only displays on picture. I want four displayed.
Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
3 answers Last reply
More about folder view pictures

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:07:27 -0700, BobRob wrote:

    > The folders in my pictures in most cases show 4 of the pictures in the
    > folder. However, several folders only show one picture. How do I customize
    > them to all show four pictures?
    > I have tried rightclicking the folder then going to properties and clicking
    > the customize tab. This only displays on picture. I want four displayed.
    > Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

    How many pictures are in the folders that show less than 4 images on the
    folder icon? Just glancing through my folders using Thumbnail view, I'm
    seeing less than 4 on folders that contain less than 4 images of a type
    that Windows supports. Also, any image file type that Windows supports
    (Bmp, jpg, gif and so on) show up fine. Images that require a third party
    program to view (such as PSP, RIFF or PSD) are not represented.

    If you work a lot with file types that do not show up on the folders, you
    might want to create small jpg files of the originals and toss them into
    the folders with the original copies.

    Example: Open a PSP file and use File> Save As >(samefilename.jpg) Drop
    both the original PSP file and matching JPG file into a folder. The JPG
    image will show on the folder icon if the folder has been customized for
    images.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Sharon,

    Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry I took so long to answer but this web page
    has been unavailable.

    I think I have cracked my picture dispaly problem. I have a number of
    folders nested within one overall folder. The bottom layer of folders can be
    set to have four pictures dispalyed by going to
    properties/cutomise/default/apply. Any folder layers above the bottom set can
    only have one picture on the folder and I can select this picture by going to
    properties/customise/select pictre/apply.

    Thanks again for your help.

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 06:28:02 -0700, BobRob wrote:

    > Sharon,
    >
    > Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry I took so long to answer but this web page
    > has been unavailable.
    >
    > I think I have cracked my picture dispaly problem. I have a number of
    > folders nested within one overall folder. The bottom layer of folders can be
    > set to have four pictures dispalyed by going to
    > properties/cutomise/default/apply. Any folder layers above the bottom set can
    > only have one picture on the folder and I can select this picture by going to
    > properties/customise/select pictre/apply.
    >
    > Thanks again for your help.

    You're welcome, Bob and thanks for the feedback. Interesting and will
    experiment with it here.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Support Microsoft Customization Windows XP