IE Home Page Hijack

I'm running MS IE 6.0 with Service Pack 2 and my home page is continually
hijacked to a page called martfinder.com and occasionally to a porn site. I
have run AD-Aware SE numerous times and cleaned it up, but my home page
continues to change. Even if I set it to blank it still changes. I am on a
dial-up connection, so huge downloads are not convenient. I have managed to
use the content filter to stop these pages from displaying, but they still
attempt to load. Help!
2 answers Last reply
More about home page hijack

    Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=YVXRORVWHFHMFNZMBBX

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "jwlbal" wrote:

    | I'm running MS IE 6.0 with Service Pack 2 and my home page is continually
    | hijacked to a page called martfinder.com and occasionally to a porn site. I
    | have run AD-Aware SE numerous times and cleaned it up, but my home page
    | continues to change. Even if I set it to blank it still changes. I am on a
    | dial-up connection, so huge downloads are not convenient. I have managed to
    | use the content filter to stop these pages from displaying, but they still
    | attempt to load. Help!

    Also, run your Spybot in safe mode as some spyware cannot be deleted in
    regular mode.

    Also, check your registry under the RUN in the left hand pande for what
    starts up when Xp loads, it's probably there, as where most spyware is.

    Good Luck

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:
    > http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button
    >
    > Symantec Security Check
    > http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=YVXRORVWHFHMFNZMBBX
    >
    > Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
    >
    > 3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "jwlbal" wrote:
    >
    > | I'm running MS IE 6.0 with Service Pack 2 and my home page is continually
    > | hijacked to a page called martfinder.com and occasionally to a porn site. I
    > | have run AD-Aware SE numerous times and cleaned it up, but my home page
    > | continues to change. Even if I set it to blank it still changes. I am on a
    > | dial-up connection, so huge downloads are not convenient. I have managed to
    > | use the content filter to stop these pages from displaying, but they still
    > | attempt to load. Help!

Internet Explorer Hijack Dial Up Connection Windows XP