Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
I am so confused... I want and in some respects need a new card... mine is acting a bit funny, but still works.... But do I get one now or wait? and how long do I wait? and if I get 1 now/or later, which card do I get?

This review really confuses me about the differences between the 800XL and the 850

http://www.gdhardware.com/hardware/video_cards/sapphire/3wy/007.htm

And if thats not bad enough, I know that the 7800GT is coming in 20 days...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24803

Right now I am stuck at AGP, so I dunno if i should upgrade or just get a mid road card till my big upgrade...

I guess 1 question is, will the 7800GT come in AGP form? And, will the 7800GT beat the X800XL and X850XT PE?

One thing that has me tempted right now is this nice little sale...

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10061200&catid=10524&logon=&langid=EN

And while I would like to stick with ATI to support a CND company, if the 7800GT is gonna blow them all away and be the same price, then sorry ATI...

Everything is so in flux right now so even when I see a good deal right now I dunno wtf to do.... argh! I hate this!!!

What are your current system specs and what do you mean by "funny?" Is it telling redneck jokes?

No AGP for 7800 series. Get a mid-road card until your major upgrade. For $150 you should be able to get a 6800, X800 for about $160 or an X800Pro for just over $200.

RichPLS

Champion
You know, more and more or our imports come from overseas.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

:/
WTF are you talking about?

RichPLS

Champion
Resist this trend, buy nVidia or ATI

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Sorry, my specs are a P4 3ghz with HT, IC7 MB, ATI 9800pro, 1 Gig Corsair Ram

What do people think of the price of the card at futureshop I linked too and the card itself? I know its not the PE addition, but I wasn't sure if that mattered, or if I should even get a card THAT good... Maybe I should just get the X800XL.... but its hard when you see benchmarks where things like the X850XTPE or the 7800GTX have fps that are twice that of the XL... /cry

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
BTW I have $1000 CND total to spend but I also need a DVD burner.I want to get one with Lightscribe and 4X DL+ and full standards compatability if anyone knows which one that is... speed isn't as important as quality. Also, I considered a full upgrade to a new system but my CPU and ram is still good... I figured I'd wait another year and get a duel CPU and such. Anyways, off to post on the DVD forum.

BTW my corsair ram is Low Latancy DDR 400 Twinx (1 gig total)

Ok - Just thought you were going off on a non sequitur. Yes imports come from overseas (or a different country) but what does that have to do with what he said! :eek:

<A HREF="http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10061200&catid=10524&logon=&langid=EN" target="_new">Clicky</A> for vid card link.

Good price for that card in CDN. 6800GTs don't cost much less than that. I'd save money and get a lower end card. An X800Pro or 6800 (depending on prices) and then OC either one. Put the saved money towards your next build.

Not a prob! Enjoy gaming on your new card!!

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Actually I am wondering if I made a bit of an "oops"...

I'm looking it up now if I can find it, but the XL says it uses a 256 interface... Im wondering how that'll interact with my Abit IC7 MB