Tech: Malformaed vectors & the shakes on a Battlezone

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a box-o-battlezone boards on loan from a friend to try and get mine
going. When I use my boards, I need to crank the brightness on the monitor
almost all the way up to display anything. This results in the center spot
and heavy retrace lines.

I managed to find a boardset that displays malformed vectors and is very
shaky. Pics here:

http://www.myuselessprojects.com/bz/

There is also two mpg's to show the shakes.

Background:
The monitor has been completely rebuilt. Tested and working perfectly on an
Asteroids. I have replaced the wire harness between the two boards.

Help!

Regards,
Tom

check all tha pots. He's referring to any pot that has been siliconed
to keep it in place.

My asteroid dlx also has vectors that move very very slightly. i always
thought it was normal. if you look at the
scores, the lines tend to wiggle a little bit. do you guys think that
it can be corrected by playing with the pots?

Harry in montreal