After 1 or 2 startup programs are loaded in the systray, there is always an
error generated by explore.exe and everything stops.

Then another error appears, generated by dr watson.

If I don't terminated both errors, windows will freeze.

Once drwatson is terminated via Task Manager, the taskbar disappears.
Then all startup programs will appear in the systray at the end of a new
taskbar.

Part of the error logs says this:
"Application exception occurred:
App: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe (pid=464)
When: 6/20/2005 @ 12:13:17.906
Exception number: 80000007"

"ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll -
function: ntdll!KiFastSystemCallRet"

OS is Windows XP Pro SP2
Can anyone help please.

Ana

While in Safe Mode you should also run Ad-Aware SE Personal (first) and
SpyBot-Search & Destroy (second).
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
Note: After you install and execute these apps check for updates before
doing a scan. Safe Mode recommended (press F8 key several times while
booting).

I have also heard good reports about the Damage Cleanup Engine from Trend
Micro at
Note: After installing, it is best to turn off System Restore and run in
Safe Mode. But then again if you have time on your side you could try
booting in Normal mode 'first'.

Finally, some have fixed similar problems by simply disabling Dr. Watson.
Then they 'claim' their PC runs fine. But that sounds like a possible
Band-Aid to me.

--
Michael

"AnnAnne" <AnnAnne@eurorescofaked.com> wrote in message
> After 1 or 2 startup programs are loaded in the systray, there is always
> an error generated by explore.exe and everything stops.
>
> Then another error appears, generated by dr watson.
>
> If I don't terminated both errors, windows will freeze.
>
> Once drwatson is terminated via Task Manager, the taskbar disappears.
> Then all startup programs will appear in the systray at the end of a new
> taskbar.
>
> Part of the error logs says this:
> "Application exception occurred:
> App: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe (pid=464)
> When: 6/20/2005 @ 12:13:17.906
> Exception number: 80000007"
>
> "ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll -
> function: ntdll!KiFastSystemCallRet"
>
> OS is Windows XP Pro SP2
> Can anyone help please.
>
> Ana

Thanks for the suggestion, but apparently it's not a spyware issue 'cause
problem still exists after cleaning .

Ana

"Michael T" <anonymous@sbcglobal.net> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:%23kg2u5qdFHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...