I know that building a desktop would be cheaper, but it's troublesome for my living arrangements.
1. What is your budget?
Up to $2000.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Mainstream or Desktop Replacement (15"-17")
3. What screen resolution do you want?
FHD 1920 x 1080 (1080p).
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Medium will suffice (at least after the first two years). For the most part, I won't play games until months or years have passed since their release.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Gaming, productivity, (possibly) graphics rendering and video recording.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
LPC-Digital, Sager, GentechPC, XoticPC.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Three or four years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer, Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I like the appearance of the Sager models, and I've considered Sager, MSI, and Alienware more than other brands.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
(i) A GPU likely to play modern games on at least medium settings for the next few years (1080p).
(ii) Good keyboard and touchpad, audio and LCD quality.
(iii) Acceptable build quality.
Of course, (ii) and (iii) are subjective, but I know enough about the ergonomics of the models that I'm considering that I don't need factual information. My top choices are the MSI GT60-0ne-249us and the Alienware m17x r4, because Sagers seem to have too many issues.