Low Virtual Memory At Start Up

jay

Everytime i start my computer i get a error message about my virtual memory.
its too low or something and windows is creating one. then i have like no
virtual memory to use. i go though and change the settings and then restart
and i get the same message. next i go searchin threw the KB and find an
article about it but it dosent work. any ideas???

ps the article was talking about setting permisitions on a NTFS Hard drive.
excuse my spelling errors.

=?Utf-8?B?SmF5?= rambled on in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:

> Everytime i start my computer i get a error message about my virtual
> memory. its too low or something and windows is creating one. then i
> have like no virtual memory to use. i go though and change the settings
> and then restart and i get the same message. next i go searchin threw
> the KB and find an article about it but it dosent work. any ideas???
>
> ps the article was talking about setting permisitions on a NTFS Hard
> drive. excuse my spelling errors.

Check that config.nt and autoexec.nt are in c:\windows\system32