Quality of Ram (Matter?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollinD

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
I was wondering if to you guys ram brand (even though some brands make other ram) makes a difference.

I have this ram that came in my P150em it was called Ellixer but HWinfo says its Nanya. I have both 4GB Elixer/Nanya on the chips but they are overall the same ram and Nanya makes it both.
Thing is my comp will have these moments I can describe micro pauses and a PC to me that has less or none at all are those that run smoothly. It's not loading it jut locks up for a second or less.

It doesn't happen on my desktop/notebooks until I change the ram and usually in the past I get the cheapest like PNY, Elixer/Nanya.

I realized that if I put back Samsung ram I do notice a difference. Stock Samsung ram and I don't get what I describe above as "micro pauses".

Since then i strictly only use samsung ram. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this?

chugot9218

Honorable
As with all components, there are going to be manufacturers who make the cheapest components possible to appeal to the cost-saving segment of the market. Although I have not heard of that manufacturer, I would assume it is a fairly small/no-name maker, and probably pretty low quality. It's probably best to go for one of the more major and reliable manufacturer's (and I am sure Samsung would probably qualify).

game junky

Distinguished
I find everybody tends to buy from a manufacturer based on their past experience and compatibility - I myself use pretty much Crucial, Corsair and Kingston.

All my recent builds have had Corsair but that's purely based on the fact that for the past 5 years I have never had a compatibility issue despite installing them in lots of different manufacturers boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.