Spec bump for Ivy Bridge laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klham

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Will there be a pre-Xmas (mid-November?) spec bump to Ivy Bridge laptop lineups - specifically, I'm watching for the Asus N56VZ and the 15" Apple MB pro Retina. Looking for a good graphic design laptop (with some gaming on the side) and don't want to be blindsided by a sudden update after purchase. Not sure if the pending 'tock' half of Intel's cycle changes the 5-6 month rule or not.

klham

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012

Yes I read April 2013 for Haswell, with some Haswell-based products coming out a little sooner. That still leaves time for a mid-life spec bump to the current Ivy Bridge lineups. There was speculation Apple would bump the 15" MBp Retina at the same time that it announced the 13" but that didn't happen. I'm assuming that if they don't bump the specs by mid-November then the current lineup will remain until Haswell hits the scene.

klham

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Looks like you're right. Btw, I noticed Asus has updated their N56 multimedia line notebooks for Windows 8 but they've actually *lowered* some of the specs - i.e. from nVidia GT 650 M to the non-Kepler GT 635 (with a small price drop). It also inexplicably lost 1 pound. Puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.