Win 7 RTM Now Available on TechNet, MSDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

masteryoda34

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Why are there separate iso's for Home Prem., Professional, and Ultimate. I was under the impression there would just be one image for x86 and one for x64.

G

Looks like the hash for ultimate x64 is identical to the RTM iso floating around the interwebs since ~July 20. No reason to replace if you already have this.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
humm,yea technet is running slow, usually get 1.2mb d/l and I am sitting at 90k right now 6 hours instead of 30 minutes for the iso....

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I'm downloading it now...fast speeds for me. Using the Akami download manager.

I wonder why would peeps want to download the Starter Edition??? Embedded devices maybe?

LuxZg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Both enterprise and Ultimate ISOs downloaded and stored :) Install to begin as soon as possible!

I do agree - don't get why they made multiple ISOs when all editions have all features, and only thing different are keys. But like I care, if Enterprise will work fine, I'll use that one and nothing else anyway.

Lowdown

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
Anybody know of any good Technet coupons out there. I know for awhile there were some $100 off new Technet subscriptions which would be really nice. The $349 is just a little to much to get access to all that stuff in my opinion.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Lowdown[/nom]Anybody know of any good Technet coupons out there. I know for awhile there were some $100 off new Technet subscriptions which would be really nice. The $349 is just a little to much to get access to all that stuff in my opinion.[/citation]

Uh, what? How much is one Win 7 copy? That seems like a good price to me.

G

AND AS EXPECTED....
The hash code from these versions are EXACTLY THE SAME as the one leaked before on many torrent sites...
Why M$ didn't relesed the official downloads before ???
Up your M$ !

farmer magnum

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
I googled technet plus promotion codes. There are a few sites that pop up. I got 25% off so I paid around 265. It's absolutely worth it even at retail since you get what is probably tens of thousands of dollars worth of software.

hop

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Upgraded both desktops to 7 ultimate 64bit, and xps laptop to ultimate 32 bit. looking good, faster in boot time.

Status
Not open for further replies.