Need Help with XP install endless loop

June 21, 2005 10:31:40 PM

I bought a used PC that came with a backup XP install cd. It has worked to
reinstall it a few times since I bought the system, but this time it has a
..dll file missing and stops at that error message. Upon reboot, the system
goes straight into the setup screens again and stops at the same spot each
time. I would like to save the data currently on my hard drive, any ideas?

More about : install endless loop

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:03:07 AM

Debra, what is the missing .dll name? Have you updated your WinXP to
SP2? If yes, then using a WinXP CD without
SP2 could be the Problem if you are trying to do a Repair Install. The
easiest way to save your data is to connect your
hard drive to a friends computer and from there it can be accessed. You
can then burn the data to a CD or Dvd.

!