Need Help with XP install endless loop

I bought a used PC that came with a backup XP install cd. It has worked to
reinstall it a few times since I bought the system, but this time it has a
..dll file missing and stops at that error message. Upon reboot, the system
goes straight into the setup screens again and stops at the same spot each
time. I would like to save the data currently on my hard drive, any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about need install endless loop

    Debra, what is the missing .dll name? Have you updated your WinXP to
    SP2? If yes, then using a WinXP CD without
    SP2 could be the Problem if you are trying to do a Repair Install. The
    easiest way to save your data is to connect your
    hard drive to a friends computer and from there it can be accessed. You
    can then burn the data to a CD or Dvd.
    "Debra" <mikol04@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I bought a used PC that came with a backup XP install cd. It has worked to
    > reinstall it a few times since I bought the system, but this time it has a
    > .dll file missing and stops at that error message. Upon reboot, the system
    > goes straight into the setup screens again and stops at the same spot each
    > time. I would like to save the data currently on my hard drive, any ideas?

Windows XP