compute will not complete system restore

June 21, 2005 11:01:03 PM

They say that I was a thumper for real, but I just want my Baby, aka
computer to work for me.
Can you help a damsel in true distress?
I can't tell you how I would appretiate it. Thank you!
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:54:47 PM

Do an Upgrade or "Repair" setup.

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350
How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--
Mark L. Ferguson
"thumper" <thumper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD33889E-9928-48CC-AAEA-97050890E30A@microsoft.com...

> --
> They say that I was a thumper for real, but I just want my Baby, aka
> computer to work for me.
> Can you help a damsel in true distress?
> I can't tell you how I would appretiate it. Thank you!
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 8:51:12 PM

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.

Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
Click on System in the left pane.
Click the gray title "Source" at the top of the source name column in
the right pane to sort by source name, look for "sr" and "srservice".
Double click on each of these events, then click on the button below
the two arrows in the upper right corner. This will copy the event
information to the clipboard. Paste the information for each of the
two event here. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
System Restore Failures to restore:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html

--
Regards,