I was in search for my desktop computer upgrade, but I changed my decision about desktop upgrade after I found interesting laptop Acer Aspire V3-571G. On paper that laptop fits all my reqirments for usage that I need:
- i7 quad core processor (6MB cache, 4 cores)
- Nvidia GeForce GT 640M 2GB (with CUDA support - very important feature for Adobe programs)
- ddr3 @ 1,600MHz
Problem is that I found some discussions about Acer as very risky brand in laptop world. I want to know what are your thoughts about this laptop and is there any alternative that is similarly priced as this Acer that I found.
I answered some questions too:
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1600px or above depending on model
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not deal-braking request
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
Heavily usage of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign. PremierePro will sometimes used, but not heavily.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not deal-braking request, because I will upgrade it with SSD
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years, depending on my future needs.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Regular DVD/RW, but not as deal-braking request
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
This is one of reasons why I want to post question here, I dont follow so much bands in laptop world when it comes to realiability.
13. What country do you live in?
Bosnia & Herzegovina
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I want reliable laptop because this will be desktop replacement machine that will be under heavy usage of Adobe programs.