Hi, I'm getting uncomfortably close to needing a new laptop (like really soon) and my biggest problem is trying to figure out what will run Sims 3 in my budget, so I was hoping you guys might be able to help.
1. What is your budget?
Ideally under $500, but if I must I'll go up to $650
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
nothing under 13" but not too huge (over 18")
3. What screen resolution do you want?
doesn't much matter as long as i can tell what i'm looking at haha
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I guess it would be a desktop replacement. I use my laptop for school work, and it MUST run sims 3.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Any battery life at all would be better than what I have
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
It absolutely HAS to be able to run Sims 3, on high if possible, but medium is acceptable. There's a page here:
that explains the requirements, but I can't make heads or tails of the graphics card thing.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Just basic usage; internet, schoolwork, a bit of coding
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I would love 500GB but 320 is acceptable
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Not really. Amazon is nice since they have free shipping most of the time, but as long as its legitimate. I'm not putting my credit card in a website I've never heard of before.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 3 or 4 years, it has to get me through the rest of college.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
just a DVD ROM would be fine, and i'm willing to go without that if i have to. I barely use the drive.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm kinda leaning away from Dell just because I don't want another Inspiron (that was my last computer and I'd like a change).
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm so completely undecided on the whole Windows 8 thing. I think I want something with Windows 7, but in the future I may upgrade so I'd like something with a larger touch pad (i've heard that makes up for not having a touch screen with 8). I'd love a touch screen but I've come to terms with the fact that it's out of my budget.
Thanks for the suggestions! I ended getting the Lenovo Ideapad Y570, usually like $900 but it was on sale for $650 and had great specs so I spent the extra money for the good deal. So excited for it to come!