Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Recently I contacted Microsoft about a problem with my Add and Remove feature
in control panel. I have some software on the list that I want to remove, but
when I check remove I get an error that the software file is missing or the
file can not be found. The technician had me go to www.microsoft.com/ and
then he gave me directions to a program to download. When I installed that
program it listed all the programs listed in add and remove programs. Then,
when I clicked on the program I wanted removed, it removed it from the list
in my control panel program. However, I can not remember the name of the
microsoft program he lead me to, or how to get there. Please help.

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:53:02 -0700, Dave wrote:

> Recently I contacted Microsoft about a problem with my Add and Remove feature
> in control panel. I have some software on the list that I want to remove, but
> when I check remove I get an error that the software file is missing or the
> file can not be found. The technician had me go to www.microsoft.com/ and
> then he gave me directions to a program to download. When I installed that
> program it listed all the programs listed in add and remove programs. Then,
> when I clicked on the program I wanted removed, it removed it from the list
> in my control panel program. However, I can not remember the name of the
> microsoft program he lead me to, or how to get there. Please help.

It sounds like the tech had you use the installer cleanup tool:

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Might be TweakUi for Windows 9x systems?

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting