Sign in with
Your question

Installing windows 7 on a m1617

Last response: in Windows 7
July 7, 2010 12:22:34 PM

Hello,
How can I get a synaptics touchpad driver as Gateway only has the 64 bit for vista and I have istalled Win 7 64 bit
a b $ Windows 7
July 7, 2010 7:13:30 PM

Hi William - Have you tried using the Vista 64-bit driver? Often times Vista drivers do the trick in place of Windows 7 drivers. You can also contact Gateway support and see if they have future plans for a Windows 7 64-bit driver.

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windwos Outreach
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 7, 2010 9:45:59 PM

William R James said:
Hello,
How can I get a synaptics touchpad driver as Gateway only has the 64 bit for vista and I have istalled Win 7 64 bit

The vista driver should work for windows 7.
m
l
July 18, 2010 5:29:47 PM

cassandraf_winteam said:
Hi William - Have you tried using the Vista 64-bit driver? Often times Vista drivers do the trick in place of Windows 7 drivers. You can also contact Gateway support and see if they have future plans for a Windows 7 64-bit driver.

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windwos Outreach

Hi I tried but to no avail. It must be hardware specific to the m1617. At any rate I continued to search and found a newly written driver on HP's website written for Windows 7. It works fine! I also had problems with the web cam and and got a workable driver from CNET named Version Tracker. It also now works fine. I am currently trying to find software that will work for the Blue Tooth as once again Vista Driver will not work nor the WidComm 64 bit version Broadcom writes. Will gladly appreciate any help I can get!

That's it,
Thanks!
Bill
m
l
!