Tags:
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
June 22, 2005 7:17:57 PM

Hi,

My computer sometimes gets itself in a state whereby it won't eject the CD
from the drive (either by pressing the drive button, or issueing eject
command from Explorer), even with no running applications. I suppose there
is some rogue service that is not letting it go. I have to power down and I
eject it during this process, before power shuts off.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil

More about : eject

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 7:32:57 PM

Sorry, meant to say I am running XP/SP2.

"Phil Jones" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My computer sometimes gets itself in a state whereby it won't eject the CD
> from the drive (either by pressing the drive button, or issueing eject
> command from Explorer), even with no running applications. I suppose there
> is some rogue service that is not letting it go. I have to power down and
> I eject it during this process, before power shuts off.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 7:32:58 PM

In my pc the CD-RW wont eject unles the DirectCD driver is loaded.