Problem with XP sp2 update downloads (MS 05-012)

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a Dell Dimension 4550 and use Windows XP Pro with MS Office Pro. I
downloaded several updates as recommended by Microsoft around 14 and 15 June.
Ever since then my system is unstable and renders my system inoperable with
the dreaded blue screen with error msgs. The error Stop msg is 0x0000007E
(0x0000005, 0xF9AC0BDF, 0xF9CC3874, 0xF9CC3570). I spent 3 hours on phone w/
Dell Support and tried several attempts at System Restore with no success. I
am entering this by using "Safe Mode w/ Networking" as this was the only way
to get my sytem to run at all. Dell support 3.o yielded an error msg that
read "Imay have a critical error in Generic Host Process, Win 32 svcs" It
directed me to a microsoft.com website for a download that allegedly fixes
problems with the Download related to MS 05-012 Securtiy Bulletin. This did
not help!!

any recommendations on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated....

thank you,
jerry...frustrated XP sp2 user

Try microsoft.com/downloads,scroll to windows xp,you'll find some downloads
for xp and office xp fixes,set the other window for date results,not
popularity.

"jerry" wrote:

> I have a Dell Dimension 4550 and use Windows XP Pro with MS Office Pro. I
> downloaded several updates as recommended by Microsoft around 14 and 15 June.
> Ever since then my system is unstable and renders my system inoperable with
> the dreaded blue screen with error msgs. The error Stop msg is 0x0000007E
> (0x0000005, 0xF9AC0BDF, 0xF9CC3874, 0xF9CC3570). I spent 3 hours on phone w/
> Dell Support and tried several attempts at System Restore with no success. I
> am entering this by using "Safe Mode w/ Networking" as this was the only way
> to get my sytem to run at all. Dell support 3.o yielded an error msg that
> read "Imay have a critical error in Generic Host Process, Win 32 svcs" It
> directed me to a microsoft.com website for a download that allegedly fixes
> problems with the Download related to MS 05-012 Securtiy Bulletin. This did
> not help!!
>
> any recommendations on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated....
>
> thank you,
> jerry...frustrated XP sp2 user

Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - left hand column
(7E)

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny