owner directory

When I installed windows xp home for some reason it showed "owner" as the
user.

I have since changed that and it shows my correct user name.

However, the directory under documents and settings still shows "owner".

I know this directory contains important windows files as well. Is it save
to rename this directory to my user name?

Allen

Teeny & Allen wrote:
> When I installed windows xp home for some reason it showed "owner" as
> the user.
>
> I have since changed that and it shows my correct user name.
>
> However, the directory under documents and settings still shows
> "owner".
> I know this directory contains important windows files as well. Is
> it save to rename this directory to my user name?

No.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP