Defender lower front panel

Removed the Defender lower front panel yesterday. Being it was MDF it
was immensely swelled. I was considering using standard 3/4"
pressboard. There are alot of channel cuts on 4 edges out of 4. Not
going to be an easy piece to replace. but thought I'd ask anyone else
that had done this, what material you used?
It looks like they put the floor/base in last on this cabinet. There
wasn't really an easy way to remove the old piece and there doesn't
look to be an easy way of getting the replacement piece in.

I ended up using a piece of 3/4" pressboard. Brian, man this was a
real biatch to get the old one out and to create a new panel with all
the routered slots. I think you may have just thrown a sheet of
pressboard over it and 4 framing pines in the back I would guess.