Skull

Hi, my DVD ROM wont work. It has all the drivers installed and it is enabled
from the computer management in the control pannel. I also enabled it using
my backup software but it is still not recognised. Any sudgestions?? I used
to have both Nero and Instant CD/DVD installed. I removed Nero just in case
there was a conflict with the software but it still remains the same.

Jim

"Skull" <Skull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, my DVD ROM wont work. It has all the drivers installed and it is
enabled
> from the computer management in the control pannel. I also enabled it
using
> my backup software but it is still not recognised. Any sudgestions?? I
used
> to have both Nero and Instant CD/DVD installed. I removed Nero just in
case
> there was a conflict with the software but it still remains the same.
It is more likely that the DVD ROM has a hardware failure.
Jim

"Jim" wrote:
> It is more likely that the DVD ROM has a hardware failure.
> Jim

I already thought about that so I went and bought myself another one, I now
have a Pioneer DVDr A07 and an LG (the new one)
I never used to have a problem and I have not installed any new hardware or
software.