Schmidt Paid in Apple Gear While on Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazybon3

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
wow! who cares? c'mon, its ~9000 Dollars, and the guy is not poor, it is like your company gives you a free fast ethernet card....

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
He declined the pay because it was chump-change (relatively) and took the goods because he probably has a lot of Neices and Nephews that like birthday presents. The true value was probably how much information about Apple was worth to Google. Don't be too surprised if Google have a slew of products or services that have a very "Apple-esque" smell about them either now or coming soon.

G

He worked for free for the same reason Larry & Sergey each get an annual salary of $1: they all have so much money that getting more means nothing to them.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Obviously he was waiting for the iPhone 3GS to comeout. I bet he got an unlocked version instead of a crappy AT&T one.

Seriously though, the only reason he stayed on was probably because he's an arrogant jerk who wasn't going to let anyone tell him what to do.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]KrinetiK[/nom]50k for a board director, yearly? what am i missing????[/citation]
The option to acquire 30,000 shares of Apple stock.

That amount would be worth $4.95 million.

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Al Gore is only there so that he can claim he does have something to do with technology. That way his "Father of the Internet" title isn't a 100% joke. What a douche bag!!! He's probably the one who made Apple come up with that "Greenest Laptop" logo thing that they did a while back.

But let be "so serial" (hahaha) for a minute. Global warming going to get us, and Apples new Hybrid Mac is going to save us all from certain doom!

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]thisisme[/nom]Global warming going to get us, and Apples new Hybrid Mac is going to save us all from certain doom![/citation]

Actually, what will save us from Global Warming is getting people to stop driving round in stupidly large cars, stop flying round the world in jet planes, stop burning down rainforest and find a way to make nuclear fusion work. That way we can switch off all the coal and oil fired power station, switch off all the other nuclear fission reactors, run all vehicals on electric that doesn't come from fossil fuel sources, whilst at the same time freeing up the need to use oil completely, therefore being able to tell the middle east where it can STICK its oil and hopefully ending all wars at the same time.

Buying a Mac is going to end global warming? HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING CRACK?

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
It was a sarcastic comment. I don't really believe that buying a Mac will end global warming. I was poking fun at the people who do believe this and the fact that Apple thinks they can market their stuff this way.

I thought the joke was pretty plain to see. I referenced his laughable "Father of the Interent" title. I even referenced the South Park episode about Al Gore hunting "Man-bear-pig" where Al Gore kept saying "I'm serial" with a lisp instead of "I'm serious". In the show "Man-bear-pig" was a sarcastic reference to global warming and Al Gores need to get attention and feel import. I'm only explaining this much because you obiously haven't seen it.

I tried. Does this help with your understanding? Normally I would assume it would be pretty clear by now, but you have stated that "Global Warming" is real and that you have a plan (or at least an idea) of your own to save us.

Let us know when your "World Tour" and your own "An Inconvenient Truth" clone kicks off. We'll be sure to by tickets to the show and rent a copy of the movie!

/sarcasm duh!

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Actually, what will save us from Global Warming is getting people to stop driving round in stupidly large cars, stop flying round the world in jet planes, stop burning down rainforest and find a way to make nuclear fusion work. That way we can switch off all the coal and oil fired power station, switch off all the other nuclear fission reactors, run all vehicals on electric that doesn't come from fossil fuel sources, whilst at the same time freeing up the need to use oil completely, therefore being able to tell the middle east where it can STICK its oil and hopefully ending all wars at the same time.Buying a Mac is going to end global warming? HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING CRACK?[/citation]
You assume most people believe that something invented by the most idiotic man in America (more so than Bush or Obama even) is actually scientifically true.

I feel sad for people like you who blindly follow the quote and quote "intellectual people". Ha! What a joke.

nitto555rchallenger

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Actually, what will save us from Global Warming is getting people to stop driving round in stupidly large cars, stop flying round the world in jet planes, stop burning down rainforest and find a way to make nuclear fusion work. That way we can switch off all the coal and oil fired power station, switch off all the other nuclear fission reactors, run all vehicals on electric that doesn't come from fossil fuel sources, whilst at the same time freeing up the need to use oil completely, therefore being able to tell the middle east where it can STICK its oil and hopefully ending all wars at the same time.Buying a Mac is going to end global warming? HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING CRACK?[/citation]

HA HA Buy Mac or Smoke Crack !!!! that should be their new slogan....

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]the_one111[/nom]You assume most people believe that something invented by the most idiotic man in America (more so than Bush or Obama even) is actually scientifically true.I feel sad for people like you who blindly follow the quote and quote "intellectual people". Ha! What a joke.[/citation]

Last time someone got into a bitchfight about factual knowledge they looked pretty stupid, try to do a bit of reading about Fusion technology and try not look like a small child. Who is this "idiotic ma" you refer to, is it anyone in the several teams worldwide that have spent billions trying to crack the problem?

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Last time someone got into a bitchfight about factual knowledge they looked pretty stupid, try to do a bit of reading about Fusion technology and try not look like a small child. Who is this "idiotic ma" you refer to, is it anyone in the several teams worldwide that have spent billions trying to crack the problem?[/citation]
Thanks for insulting me. You must be one of them highly intellectual types, what with your overpoweringly harsh (Hahahahaha) ways of calling me inferior or stupid.

I NEVER said that I didn't believe in conservation of resources. Simply that Global Warming is a invented "scientific" piece of BS (if you can dishonor science by even saying global warming and science in the same sentence)

If being "green" hadn't turned into a ploy to get assholes like Al Gore money and Nobel Prizes that they never deserved while also degrading the scientific community then yeah, I would definitely help the cause.

Now please go troll other forums with your Al Gorisms.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Eh? So what if Al Gore uses green issues to try and get "hip with the kids". That doesn't mean that global warming doesn't exist.

In this particular issue, total impirical evidence will only be submitted when the Earth is a burnt cinder and anyone left (probably in underground caverns or in spaceships) say, "So, that pretty much proves Global Warming". If you are going to try and debunk Global Warming why didn't you do a proper job and post a few links to studies that prove it doesn't exist, for every one you do there will someone else who says it does.

Considering what is at stake, what is the better viewpoint to take?
#1 - Fuck it, lets just keep burning shit, there's no real proof.
#2 - If there's and ground to this we could all be in deep shit, let's stop burning stuff.

I think we all know which of the 2 camps you you have parked yourself in. Why don't you get behind the crew that want to try and save the world, or is it a case of "fuck it, i'll be long dead before this takes effect".

Status
Not open for further replies.