Shortcut Management Slow

Tags:
  • Management
  • Windows XP
June 22, 2005 11:10:03 AM

Greetings!

Recently, whenever I try to manage a shortcut, it is very slow. For
instance, right-clicking a shortcut to bring up the context menu or deleting
a shortcut causes a delay of a few minutes (hourglass is twirling) before
anything happens. Launching a shortcut is fine. Managing files (context menu,
deleting) performs just fine.

I am running Windows XP SP2. There is nothing obviously different in the
context menu for shortcuts than for files - nothing that would indicate a
defective/poorly written context handler. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shannon

More about : shortcut management slow

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:46:33 PM

Hi Shannon,

This article addresses right click weirdness.
Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/

!