Shortcut Management Slow

Greetings!

Recently, whenever I try to manage a shortcut, it is very slow. For
instance, right-clicking a shortcut to bring up the context menu or deleting
a shortcut causes a delay of a few minutes (hourglass is twirling) before
anything happens. Launching a shortcut is fine. Managing files (context menu,
deleting) performs just fine.

I am running Windows XP SP2. There is nothing obviously different in the
context menu for shortcuts than for files - nothing that would indicate a
defective/poorly written context handler. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shannon
1 answer Last reply
More about shortcut management slow

    Hi Shannon,

    This article addresses right click weirdness.
    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    http://dts-l.org/

    shannon h wrote:
    > Greetings!
    >
    > Recently, whenever I try to manage a shortcut, it is very
    > slow. For instance, right-clicking a shortcut to bring up
    > the context menu or deleting a shortcut causes a delay of
    > a few minutes (hourglass is twirling) before anything
    > happens. Launching a shortcut is fine. Managing files
    > (context menu, deleting) performs just fine.
    >
    > I am running Windows XP SP2. There is nothing obviously
    > different in the context menu for shortcuts than for
    > files - nothing that would indicate a defective/poorly
    > written context handler. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Shannon

Management Windows XP