NV4_DISP.DLL causing crashes on MSI 6800 PCIE

tapakeg

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2005
I have a 6800 PCI Express video card by MSI. For the last 6 months or so, I have been crashing periodically while playing different games. The game will freeze and then after about 10 seconds, I go to a blue screen that says my system was shut down because the video driver has gone into an infinite loop. At the bottom of the page it tells me that the NV4_DISP.DLL file is to blame. I have reinstalled my operation system(XP Pro), and constantly update the Nvidia drivers to the most current and I still have no luck. There are countless posts on the MBs for the games that I play about this issue, but no one ever had a solution that worked for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like your card may be bad. Are there any odd things (wierd colours) you get on your screen?

I assume you have been asked for the basics before too - i.e system specs, power rails

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
I belive that had the same DLL file pooping a BSOD on me before during a bootup.

Could try different Chipset and/or VGA drivers.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>