Will this be a good laptop for gaming/school?

Hey guys. I've been looking for a laptop for mid-range gaming for a while and I happened to notice recently that the Lenovo IdeaPad y480 looks like it might be a good fit for what I want, but I have a couple questions about it.

1. Is the newer version (it comes with a 2gb gt 650 now) good for gaming at medium levels? I'd probably be playing DayZ, Total War: Rome 2, Minecraft, and maybe Battlefield 3 as well as possibly some other shooters/action games. Like I said, medium settings is good, and if it's better than medium that's great.

2. Is it good as far as quality? It seems like Lenovo has a pretty good reputation when it comes to this, but I want whatever I buy to last as long as possible. I also know it has a pretty low-end screen, but I don't think that this will really bother me all that much, just so you all know that I know this.

3. Should I buy it now (at $729) because it seems like a pretty good price, or should I wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Does Lenovo normally have good deals around then?

Thanks to anyone who answers in advance, and if you can please respond relatively quickly because I know from experience (I've been looking at their laptops for a while) that prices from Lenovo fluctuate almost constantly.
1 answer Last reply
More about will good laptop gaming school
  1. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

decide for yourself if the graphics are suitable

as for quality, nothing bad, just not as good as they used to be

no idea about the deals, but if you've been watching and this is a good deal ....
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Gaming Lenovo