Motion Sensor Webcam setup

June 22, 2005 12:43:17 PM

Hey, Im trying to use my webcam as a motion survielance ( if thats how
you spell it) Can anyone tell me how to use Windows XP, and a logitech
cam to basically be running, and start recording when motion is
detected? Is there any wares? Can it be done??

Thanks alot. p.s I suspect that my cleaning lady is stealing from my
home, and I want to have the monitor screen off with the PC running.
-Craig
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:57:57 PM

http://www.supervisioncam.com/

<nvr2shy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey, Im trying to use my webcam as a motion survielance ( if thats how
> you spell it) Can anyone tell me how to use Windows XP, and a logitech
> cam to basically be running, and start recording when motion is
> detected? Is there any wares? Can it be done??
>
> Thanks alot. p.s I suspect that my cleaning lady is stealing from my
> home, and I want to have the monitor screen off with the PC running.
> -Craig

June 22, 2005 4:02:57 PM

Hi,

This functionality would have to be setup in the web cam software.
Check the documentation that came with the web cam.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

nvr2shy@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hey, Im trying to use my webcam as a motion survielance (
> if thats how you spell it) Can anyone tell me how to use
> Windows XP, and a logitech cam to basically be running,
> and start recording when motion is detected? Is there
> any wares? Can it be done??
>
> Thanks alot. p.s I suspect that my cleaning lady is
> stealing from my home, and I want to have the monitor
> screen off with the PC running. -Craig
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:39:58 AM

homewatcher.com